- 13-Jan-2013 to 14-Mar-2013 (PST)
- Hollywood, FL, USA
- Full Time
• Assures that front desk is covered and maintained at all times.
• Reviews arrivals and departures for guest preferences to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Checks guests in and out of hotel and gives other assistance if needed.
• Informs or checks with housekeeping on checkouts, sleep outs, vacancies and service need of guests.
• Provides information and acts as a resource of services to guests or hotel visitors by making restaurant reservations/suggestions, arranging car services, giving directions, etc.
• Responds and acts on guests complaints, service or security problems.
• Posts and adjusts charges and information on all folios and accounts and provides appropriate backup to Financial Services.
• Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office payment records on daily basis.
• Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for room, maintaining files, and resetting the systems for the next day's operations.
• Operates switchboard and handles telephone calls and wake up calls, as required.
• Receives and acknowledges reservation requests, cancellations and changes.
• Prepares and distributes financial reports to management
• Communicates guest requests and issues to the proper departments, (i.e. Housekeeping, RSC, Financial Services, ec) via the log book.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
* Must be able to work holidays and weekends. Fridays and Saturdays 11pm - 7am; also 2 or 3 shifts of 3pm - 11pm on the weekdays
Minimum Knowledge Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, CRT, record keeping, or word processing. May have need for good communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish prefered but not required.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of less than six months job-related experience.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required
External and Internal Personal Contact
Communications Daily Verbal
Monthly Participating in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Gemstone Hotels & Resorts offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our employees.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings